14 June 2011

Flag Day; Devil Candy; Greek Food.

I was wrong. There is some good stuff to write about today.

First off, it's Flag Day. I just put my U.S. and Texas flags out after taking the garbage can to the curb. Our local Girl Scouts will put a flag in front of your house on holidays as a fund-raiser. Strange that they don't do Flag Day as one of those holidays. They do some other things wrong with the flags, but that's for another day.



A couple of months ago, I introduced my girlfriend to Pretzel M&Ms. Her first response was, "These are the Devil!" They are 'wicked good' as the Mainers (Mainians? Maine-folk?) would say. They're not so much devilish to me as they are candied crack. I can eat just one potato chip, but if I have even one pretzel M&M, I'm going to eat the whole bag. Someone needs to make a patch for them, or start some meetings or something.

Those of you that have had the chance to go on eating expeditions with me know that Greek food is at the top of my list. I love that Greek yogurt is available in all the stores now; I keep a few in the fridge at work all the time. I'm making Shish Kebabs on the grill this afternoon, and I really need to find some nice cucumbers to make some tzatziki. I've been making it for a long time, but to get the consistency right, I would have to drain standard plain yogurt in a coffee filter to get it thick enough. Oh, man, I don't even want to go to work today, just want to stay home and cook.

I'm not sure that I'm going to be able to get a lot accomplished today, as my goofy knee is really bugging me this morning and walking really hurts. Time to tilt up the bottle of ibuprofen. It'll still be a good day, no matter what I wind up doing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good morning! FYI - the boy scouts do the flags in our neighborhood and we have a flag in our front yeard today - Flag Day! So do our neighbors on each side. They are beautiful! Much agreed on pretzel m&m's - I bought my own bag the other day. Ate them so fast, I thought my kids had taken them. Really. Greek food..mmm..we'll have to take you to the Greek Festival at the Greek Orthodox church when we go this year!